Friday 9 February 2007

Some More IBM News

More on the many and varied works of Big Blue. A new island, currently barred to ramblers, has appeared on the SL Map - IBM PWIN - which Google tells me is IBM PartnerWorld Industry Networks, No, I haven’t the faintest idea what this is, either. However, I did stumble upon this description at another IBM PWIN website which says PartnerWorld will allow partners to:

Gain access to the best solutions, offerings, and skills to help you win in the marketplace.

  • Quick and easy Web access to valuable IBM benefits and resources
  • Competitive advantage in industries, services and solutions
  • Increased opportunity to generate awareness and leads
  • Teaming for success to deliver the expertise to meet client needs

Perhaps a friendly IBMer could let us know when it will open for business.

In the same area an island called Convention Center is under construction. There’s a few snippets of buildings, but nothing really worth showing here. It is not explicitly IBM branded, so I am curious to know who this is for. As usual, if you know, it’d be simply peachy if you’d let me know.

A final note on IBM (after all, they’re not paying me for this!) - it seems that IBM Benelux have opted to plough their own furrow with an island all of their very own. The satellite map suggests it is in an early stage of development, so it comes as no surprise that it is closed to visitors. Give it another month or so is my guess.

Finally, an update on the Red Cross. Here is a curious thing - the satellite map shows a well-developed island , while in fact it still only consists of a few isolated buildings. I am not sure how that happened. I have also attached an update to show progress in the last 24 hrs.



No comments: