Wednesday 31 October 2007

LG CNS and SL

It can be an odd pasttime, rambling among the islands of Second Life. Some nights it seems you can get in everywhere, and you are left with a bewildering array of sites (sights?) to write about. Other nights it seems like almost everything is closed, and you are left with just a few scraps. Last night was one on those nights for me. After a lot of failed attempts, the closest I got to something worth bringing to your attention is this: LG CNS. The reason I am so downbeat about it is not the quality of the build but the fact that, even though I could access the island, I could not actually get in to the building illustrated below.

But first - a bit about the company. LG CNS, based in South Korea but now with a global presence, is an IT consulting and services company, affiliated to the giant LG Corporation. They have the largest market share in the Korean IT service market and employ around 7,300 people in Asia, Europe and the USA. Their presence in Second Life is being developed by the first (and as far as I know, only) Korean Second Life development company: Acid Crebiz.

The presence itself currently consists of a single, largely featureless sim, at the centre of which sits an office block. Although I could get to the sim, I was not able to enter the office block. However, it is possible to arrange visits, provided you make contact with Tory Noel. The block itself is OK, but nothing particularly stands out. It would be interesting to see inside, as I have been impressed with Acid Crebiz in the past - but that will have to wait for another day. Anyway, here's a few snaps to be going on with:

No comments: