Tuesday 16 October 2007

Mars Areas01 Rezzable

If you are a fan of Rezzable here's another sim to add to your collection: Mars Areas01 Rezzable. I am not sure if it's officially open yet, but there seems to be a fair amount of traffic already. This sim, like a number of others in the Rezzable family, seems to be best described as an art installation. You arrive in a vast space, filled with translucent balls that gradually change colour as you watch. Bursts of plasma (or something) zip between the balls (ooh, sounds painful). A teleport lifts you to a big tubular affair that seems to serve no purpose other than to be a big tubular affair. And there's some stuff you can discover, like the "space seats" illustrated below.

Aside from that, there's not a lot else I can tell you. It's cleverly done - but left me feeling a bit "so-what-ish." God, what a jaded palate I must have. Anyway, despite this rather lacklustre report of mine, I would urge you to pop along and form your own opinion. For those who can't make it, won't make it or simply want a quick look-see, here are some pictures:





Finally, thank-you to my top informer - you know who you are - for tipping me off to this build.

+++

UPDATE: Lem informs me (see comments) that this is something of a "hack" build, done in a short space of time, and could be zapped at any time. So if you want to check it out, you better get your teleporting skates on.

UPDATE 2 on 21-10-07: There is a more on this at Not Possible IRL.

3 comments:

Lem Skall said...

Unfortunately, that whole build may be deleted in a few days, as it is done more as an exercise, I would say. Yes, you heard me right, the designer (Miki Gymnast) "hacked" (her own word) that in a few hours.

So go and see it while you can.

Anonymous said...

I love the Rezzable builds , so I have to check it out soon. Although, if I can give you a tip if you are looking for a space environment, you should check out Inspire Space Park. http://slurl.com/secondlife/Shinda/23/206/218
That is an amazing build in the sky... planets, comets, medidation float balls in the sky and don't forget to set your light at midnight, it's absolutely stunnning. Hope to see you there soon! :-)

Timbo said...

Thanks for the tip, Eppie!