Thanks to Matteo at Gabetti, who brought to my attention the following event:
Achieving Product And Branding Excellence In Second Life And Other Virtual Worlds
September 25 - 26, 2007 · Thistle Hotel Marble Arch, London, UK
Why should I attend?
Second Life, the 3D internet world inhabited by over 5 million residents, is fast becoming the place for companies to test products, launch ideas and even run their entire business. With realworld companies like Adidas, American Express, Coca Cola and Toyota all clamouring to set up their virtual “islands”, how are you going to compete in this world unless you move fast?
Announcing Europe’s first ever conference on virtual marketing – How to become a household name in a virtual world.
This one-stop-shop will get you started in the fastest and most cost effective way possible.
Showcasing the best corporate islands, plus a hands-on tutorial to show you exactly how it’s done, your time out of the office will be the most valuable you spend all year.
Who will I meet and who is speaking?
This event is being specifically researched and formulated with these attendees in mind:
- Heads of Marketing
- Branding Directors
- Creative Directors
- Web Directors
- Online Marketing Professionals
- Web Development Professionals
- Business Development Managers
- Heads of Online Commerce
- Heads of e-Commerce
- Heads of Virtual Marketing (or v-Marketing)
- Media Directors
- Heads of e-learning
- Product Managers
You will gain the hottest tips on how to:
- Understand Second Life and the real advantages it can give your company
- Put together the best business plan that your non-technical management board will respond to
- Utilise Second Life as a platform to test products before launching in the real world
- Deploy Second Life as a training and education platform for your business
- Turn virtual trading into substantial real world ROI
I doubt I can make it - but who knows? Maybe I can make the trek from the cold, wet wilderness of the North. I wonder if Nic from Kzero will be there?