Wednesday 14 November 2007

Fibe Mini

It seems like ages since I last posted about a Japanese sim on Second Life, so I thought I should introduce you to one I actually found ages ago, but failed to get around to blogging: Fibe Mini. Anyone who knows the Real Life me, will know that I am not the most health-food conscious person on the planet. And therefore it should come as no surprise that I rarely partake of the various liquors and potions that are passed off as health drinks. I am, as a result, blissfully unaware of the bizarre veg'n'fruit concoctions that may be available around the World. However, I am now aware of at least one - the aforementioned Fibe Mini.

This particular beverage combines the fibrous pleasures of lettuce with the fruity goodness of lemons and melds the two into a fibre-rich, vitaminic slurpfest, targeted at the health-obsessed denizens of the Asian Pacific Rim. Personally, I think it sounds disgusting - but I maybe you know different. In any case, it seems that the company and its marketing firm have taken a light-hearted, often surreal approach to promoting the product. For example, here's an ad on YouTube:



Or this one - which unfortuntely I can't embed.

Perhaps given this somewhat leftfield approach to promotion it should come as no surprise to find the product in Second Life. I rather like the sim, with its hyperventilating presenters, its rich array of free t-shirts, fun machinery and drinks dispenser. There's really not a lot to it, but it does try its hardest to make a soft beverage made from lettuce and lemons seem like something that may actually be worth quaffing. Anyway, here's a few snaps for you:

1 comment:

Nock Forager said...

Check this site too!
http://www.fibe-mini.jp/

They made commercial film in Second Life (already onaired). To see it click the link next to "NEWS" sign. Don't you think her avatar is quite resembling real her :)