Thinking back to your First Days in SL - 10 things that may have surprised you:
- How remarkably tricky it is to make yourself truly hideous using the Appearance Editor.
- You have a serious conversation with a 12ft tall white rabbit* on the merits of Second Life for [insert topic of choice].
- Occasionally you arrive somewhere a good minute before your clothing and/or hair.
- You can earn money just by sitting around – and money grows on trees.
- If you earn money just for sitting around, you need to be careful where you sit.
- You can see yourself – but nobody else can.
- You can’t see yourself – but everybody else can.
- If you don’t move off a teleport, new arrivals keep standing on your head.
- What a dumbass you look when you arrive somewhere and hover around for minutes on end while it rezzes, only to find yourself in the middle of a meeting/presentation/competition/orgy (delete as appropriate).
- Discovering your avatar has no genitals.
* insert unlikely creature/object/part of the anatomy of your choice.
What surprised you?
- Discovering that you can buy genitals of all shapes & sizes, to overcome the deficiency identified in 10 above!
- Kate's experiences - which taught her the need for underwear.