Wednesday 19 March 2008

Life 2.0 - Wednesday, 19th March

I've not actually had a mail today telling me what else is happening in the whole Life2.0 thingy, but in reading yesterday's correction I came across this:

Wednesday - March 19, 2008
1:00 PM PDT - 2:00 PM PDT
EXODUS TO THE VIRTUAL WORLD
Professor Edward Castronova, Indiana University

Professor Castronova's new book, Exodus to the Virtual World., states the provocative thesis that a continual migration is now happening between physical reality and the alternative realities offered by open virtual worlds and massive online games, and that the two modes of existence will henceforth co-adapt, competing for the attention, time, and money of users. Join us for a conversation about Exodus, facilitated by John Jainschigg (SL: John Zhaoying).

Well from what I've read over the last year or so, Professor C is usually good for raising virtual blood pressures. So you might enjoy this session. Personally, the last thing I need is to raise my BP so I will give this one a miss. I would like to know how the Wonderland and Darkstar pieces went yesterday, though.

No comments: